The Energise Otaki vision depends on a network of organisations, businesses and individuals to make it work. As this network grows the opportunities for new projects and innovative thinking grows with it.
- Transition Towns Otaki Transition Town Otaki is a charitable trust seeking to undertake initiatives that help the local community be more resilient and sustainable. Initiatives that, for instance, reduce our carbon footprint, enable lower energy usage, or promote local food production. http://transitiontown.otaki.org.nz/
- Kapiti Coast District Council Early developer of Energise Otaki concept, active participant in Energise Otaki processes, and highly innovative in its delivery of energy, climate change management programmes, support funding and its energy initiatives for Council assets and services. http://www.kcdc.govt.nz
- Otaki College The college is a very active participant in Energise Otaki and is currently the focus of a number of major projects during 2014. http://www.otakicollege.school.nz/
- Otaki Clean Technology Park A major economic development area within the town with an owner who subscribes fully to a vision of developing a clean technology hub at Otaki for the Kapiti Coast and for the Wellington region. The Park provides active support for the overall concept and key projects. http://www.ctcpark/co.nz/
- The Otaki Mail The Otaki Mail, the local newspaper, takes a strong interest in reporting on the development of the Energise Otaki concept and the establishment of clean technology businesses in Otaki. http://www.otakimail.co.nz
- Otaki Clean Technology Centre The clean technology business incubation centre located in Otaki. It supports the Energise Otaki process in a number of ways. http://www.cleantechnz.co.nz
- Otaki Community Board The Otaki Community Board, chaired by James Cootes, was an early developer and supporter of the Energise Otaki concept and and an active participant in the process. http://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/Your-Council/Elected-Members/Community-Board-Members/Otaki-Community-Board-Members/
Sustainable Technology Businesses
- Astara Astara Technologies provides bespoke design, build and consultancy services working with a wide range of Renewable Energy technologies including photovoltaic power generation, solar thermal, hot water heat pump, waste to energy technology, electric vehicle and electric propulsion systems.
- SunRayker Sunrayker is a start-up company developing a concentrated photovoltaic and thermal (CVPT) solar energy system by integrating concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) and concentrated solar power (CSP) into one hybrid energy system to generate electricity and heat from sunlight.
- Energy Solutions Group Energy Solutions Group is a company which is developing energy efficient, adaptable, modular housing designs with an additional focus on on-site clean energy generation, and water and wastewater systems.
- Solar Zone We are experienced suppliers and installers of solar electric systems and a variety of heating systems. We pride ourselves on making our systems work together with the rest of your building to make your home or business work smarter.”
- Entyre NZ Ltd Entyre NZ Ltd is currently establishing a factory in Otaki to process used tyres via a devulcanisation process into new rubber products. The company has supported a number of clean technology and energy projects in the town.
- My Web Workshop My Web Workshop designed, built and hosts this website. It also does the posters, and other graphic design work for Energise Otaki.